Sunday, April 7, 2019

Working with spreadsheet excel in the result making


A worksheet is a collection of cells where we keep and manipulate the data. It is a feature in Microsoft Excel. Worksheet is also called as spreadsheet and each excel workbook contains multiple worksheets. It offers a range of advantages and it provides the tools to analyze and visualize data sets in accessible ways. Spreadsheet provides complex processing in ways that even people with little technical experience can access. It can hold as little or as much information as 



necessary.
In the first year (FIT101), sir presented us with a sample of worksheet he had prepared based on the weight of the students and after that we were made to do it following his steps. In the next class, we were asked to analyze the marks on the excel and in the first I struggled a lot on how to go about, but with an idea I had on excel, I could achieve my goal. I could apply the formulas to calculate the marks and find their rankings.
Creating our own worksheet wasn’t an easy task, but was very useful. It can be used anywhere and at any time. During my teaching practice time, I was made to prepare the result for my grade 1 students as the class teacher was on official leave. The knowledge that I had on spreadsheet excel was of a great help and with that knowledge, I could easily prepare the result for grade 1 students. Moreover, I could render my help to one of the teachers who was on contract term.
Preparing result in spreadsheet excel is of great advantage as we will not lose the data we have already punched in unlike the papers of the test which student might loose and teacher may not get the correct marks of the children. Thus, worksheet helps us in keeping the records of our children’s work and assessment safely. In future, I will teach my students to how to go about creating the spreadsheet excel so that it will be easy for them when they have to apply it.

5 comments:

  1. Dear author, you have beautifully reflected on how you have made use of spreadsheet. After going through your blog, it also helped me to recollect how i have learnt to work with spreadsheet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you brought up this reflection since we will be working with it once we join the real field. The struggles that you had and how you over came those struggles was really thoughtful. I liked your reflection over all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely jotted the information that you presented very informative. You also mention how to use and what can we do. So the process of using this software its very important for us that you clearly encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed a lot reading your wonderful reflection on spreadsheet. It is proud for me to say that i got lots of knowledge on spreadsheet and its importance as a whole. It also helped me to recollect how i have learnt in the past about using spreadsheet.
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. worth reading. i liked the way you organized the information. moreover, its informative and as you mentioned in your blog try to use it in teaching practice and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete