Discussion
forum
The Forum discussion is one of the most
important processes of learning and sharing information because we could react
to content, share challenges, teach each other, learn by stating and
understanding, clarify assumptions, experiment, own new skills, and ideas. I
had never heard of such words during my school days and it was such a big word
for me when I heard it for the first time. It was my first-time experience to
get hands-on practice to share my doubts on online where I could get lots of
responses.
At first, I thought it would be difficult to
use such things but the more I get used to it, it was fun learning. I learned a
lot from getting access to it, though it was a part of an assessment. I
could saw lots of benefits of using such a tool. Personal responses to
forum topics were not limited in time or length. We have the freedom to
continue dialogues about the interesting topics. Moreover, important topics and
discussion encouraged me to take a position on issues.
It enhanced my critical thinking and I have learned that to respond to a forum topic, it requires organized thoughts and synthesis of concepts introduced in class. My views were being challenged and at the same time, I could also do the same for others. I had the flexibility to reflect on others thoughts and read their responses. Some learners in the class feel intimidated or unmotivated to speak and even in small groups, it does not allow equal opportunities to all learners to voice out their views. So through an online forum, each learner has a voice that will be heard by anyone who chooses to read his or her comments.
Since the forum discussions occur
completely online, learners have the flexibility to add their input when they
are prepared. Some choose to answer questions immediately, while others prefer
to consider the responses of others first. Undergraduate trainees are often
much more comfortable discussing topics online after reading the viewpoints of
the more experienced learners. So, I would say that forum discussion is one of
the effective tools to enhance our learning. As a future teacher, I will
encourage my students to get hands-on practices to such tools so that
everyone’s voice is heard and they could learn many important things from
friends, teachers.
As you stated, Discussion forum is a great learning opportunity to us discuss any important issues to be solved. It also plays a vital role between the teacher and and students to learn effectively without face to face interactions. Moreover, it helped the learners to share what they did not understood without hesitation.
ReplyDeleteOverall, you reflected well and liked the way how you organized the information. It makes me to reflect and indeed I learnt many things from your article. Keep on blogging la.
I enjoyed going through your post and I too didn't think that this type of facility is available until I join this college. well reflected with evidences.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that you have learnt a lot of things from discussion forum. You have reflected the information well with good organization of ideas. I knew the importance of discussion forum after going through your reflection.
ReplyDeletei enjoyed reading your reflection dear. it was beautifully reflected and i learned the importance of discussion
ReplyDeleteforum after going through your blog. Hope you will keep on writing.
well reflected with evidence and explanation. i too feel that discussion forum play important role between students and teachers in learning and teaching. it is must to introduced this concept for having effective and communicative learning worth reading your blog.
ReplyDelete